Volunteer at the 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships in Portland
Portland is set to host the 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships February 22-24 at Veterans Memorial Coliseum. This exciting event will bring more than 1,600 figure skaters from 89 of the nation's top synchronized skating teams, and serve as the U.S. selection event for the 2018 World Synchronized Skating Championships. This will be the first time that Portland has hosted the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships, after hosting the 2016 Midwestern and Pacific Coast Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships and the 2005 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
We are still recruiting volunteers to help facilitate practice sessions at the three practice ice venues that these visiting skaters will be utilizing during their stay here in Portland. Skating experience is not needed for these roles. Volunteers will receive a Columbia fleece vest, commemorative event pin, and a free ticket to attend any day of official competition at Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The following shifts are still available:
Mountain View Ice Arena (Vancouver)
Wednesday 2/21- 6:30am-12:00pm
Thursday 2/22- 5:30am-11:00am, 4:00pm-8:00pm, or 7:30-11:30pm
Friday 2/23- 5:30am-11:00am, 4:00pm-8:00pm, or 7:30pm-11:30pm
Sherwood Ice Arena (Sherwood)
Wednesday 2/21- 5:45pm-10:30pm
Thursday 2/22- 5:00am-8:30am, 8:15 am-12:00pm, 11:45am-3:30pm, 3:15pm-7:30pm, or 7:15pm-11:30pm
Friday 2/23- 11:45am-3:30pm or 3:15pm-7:00pm
Winterhawks Skating Center (Beaverton)
Wednesday 2/21- 8:00am-11:30am
Thursday 2/22- 5:30am-9:00am or 12:00pm-4:00pm
Friday 2/23- 11:00am-3:00pm
If you are interested in volunteering please email email@example.com more information.
We hope you will join us for this exciting event! For general information regarding the 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships, please visit the event website. For volunteer specific questions, email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
~Oregon Sports Authority and the 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships LOC
Watch their interviews on KGW (click the image below):
Thank you Art Edwards @KGW for highlighting our amazing athletes!
Coming Soon to Portland: The 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships
Next month, Portland's Veterans Memorial Coliseum will host more than 1,600 figure skaters from 89 of the nation's top synchronized skating teams, as part of the 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships. The championships will serve as a selection event for the ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships which will be held in April in Stockholm, Sweden. This will be the first time that Portland has hosted the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships, after hosting the 2016 Midwest and Pacific Coast Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships and the 2005 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. More information about the championships, including a schedule of events, and ticket links can be found at ussynchrochampionships.com. Don’t miss your chance to witness world class synchronized skating and cheer on fantastic teams including the 2017-18 International Selection Pool Teams in the senior division: The Haydenettes of Massachusetts (25 time U.S. Champions), the Crystallettes of Michigan, the Skyliners of New York, Adrian College, and Miami University.
Get Your Tickets Today Single session ticket prices start at just $25 per day, plus applicable service fees. All event passes are also available staring at $81. Tickets are now on sale at rosequarter.com. Student and senior discounts are available.
Volunteer Opportunities Available
The event LOC is also still recruiting event volunteers. Volunteers who commit to 12 or more hours of volunteer time receive a complimentary Columbia fleece vest, commemorative event pin, and a ticket voucher redeemable for free entry to any day of competition. While most volunteer roles take place at the VMC, we are also in need of volunteers to help monitor the three practice ice venues at Sherwood Skating Rink, Mountain View Arena, and Winterhawks Skating Center. Volunteer for a day close to home and receive a free ticket to come watch the competition the next day! If you are interested in volunteering submit your information on the volunteer interest form, and the volunteer coordinator will contact you to schedule shifts.
December 29th – Movie Night!
Join us for movies on the BIG SCREEN!
Frozen at 5:30pm & Mighty Ducks at 7:30pm
Come for either, or both!
Open ice skating 5:30-9:30pm – Bring your own ice skates
Doors open 5pm
Evening ends at 10pm
December 30th – Winterhawks Watch Party!
Portland Winterhawks vs. Seattle Thunderbirds on the big screen
Watch the live broadcast from Seattle beginning at 6:00pm
Open ice skating 5:30-9:30pm – Bring your own ice skates
Doors open 5pm
Evening ends at finish of game broadcast
Both nights are free to attend with RSVP.
Planning to ice skate? Register with the “I’m bringing my own skates" ticket and reserve some time on the ice!
Concessions will be open for the duration of both evenings with snacks, hot chocolate, and beverages available for purchase.
- Bring your own ice skates! There will be no ice skate rental available for this event.
- Anyone skating will need to sign in at the skater check in table inside the main entrance.
- In the event there are more ice skaters than can be on the ice at one time, skaters will be called based on sign- in time groups. We want to make sure everyone gets their share of fun time on the ice!
- There will be shoe/bag check for skaters.
- Map of the Rose Quarter http://mkto-sj040196.com/z0xk38z000iRkCgaR3E0E00
- Parking Information http://mkto-sj040196.com/ZRki30aF80000x0kD30zERg: Parking for this event is complimentary in the Garden Garage—the garage attached to the Moda Center. .
- Plan your trip via public transportation http://mktosj040196.com/s0Fg0za0kRkH0R0xi33080E: Please note that all trips on TriMet require paid fare.
- No professional cameras of type kind allowed. Instamatic/personal cameras allowed.
- No video/audio recording devices are permitted.
- The following items are not permitted into Rose Quarter facilities: food, beverages (including alcohol, soda & water), cans, weapons, firearms, coolers, containers, illegal substances, noisemakers, air horns, whistles, laser pointers, balloons, umbrellas, or oversized banners.
- New Security Measures – Please arrive early! Based on enhanced security procedures, our Guest Services staff will conduct full bag check on everyone entering Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Please remove all metal from pockets and have all zippers and pouches on bags open and ready for inspection. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to create a safe environment inside Veterans Memorial Coliseum and around the Rose Quarter.
- Wheelchair escorts are available and can be arranged by calling our Command Center when you arrive at the Rose Quarter at 503.797.9712
- Smoking is prohibited inside the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The designated smoking areas for this event are: Outside Gate 10 @ the main entrance.
- Alcohol is allowed inside the arena bowl (seating area).
- For a complete list of guest service question and answers please click here http://mkto-sj040196.com/c0i03x3R0zkR0a8EK0kIg00.
- The new Rose Quarter mobile app, now available, runs on both the Android and Apple’s iOS operating systems, and can be accessed via smartphone and tablets. Know when your favorite concerts and events come to the Rose Quarter. Click here http://mkto-sj040196.com/z0xk38z000iRkJgaR3L0E00 to download.